Skip to content
What you will learn.
- Have all the colours ready, prepare the washes in the palette.
- Prewet the front of the appear really well with a large soft brush.
- Here we paint skies and water. Starting the painting with large washes, and then adding the details of the focal point.
- We let the water do the work, we want to have spontaneous flow, not a heavily laboured painting. This is a great lesson of how to be much more free form.
- We become aware of the importance of being able to create soft, atmospheric scenes when we want to.
- We paint from light to dark in greys, remember to also paint warm colours first and then go towards cool colours.
- Remember that the water on the paper also dilutes the wash a small amount, therefore compensate by using slightly stronger colour to allow for this dilution by the prewet paper.
- Keep the misting bottle ready in case the paper dries too quickly.
- This style is “alla prima”
- I really hope you Have fun!